Contact Us Today
And Check If You Are Entitled
046 9430546
No Refund - No Fee

Cross Border Workers – Northern Ireland


Living in Northern Ireland working in the Republic of Ireland

How are Northern Ireland citizens entitled to tax refunds form the Irish Revenue Commissioners?

The typical situation we deal with on a daily basis is where both spouses are non-resident (living in Northern Ireland) but one spouse has income subject to tax in the State (one spouse is working in the Republic of Ireland).

A tax refund maybe due if the following cases arise.

  • both spouses are non-resident;
  • one spouse has income chargeable to tax in the State; and
  • the other spouse has no income (i.e. the earnings of the spouse working in the State are the only source of income of the couple)

Even if the other spouse has income from Northern Ireland a measure of tax relief may due. Contact us by phone or email and we can advise you on the best option for you and your spouse.


Check if you are entitled – Request a Call Back

Tax Back
is Easy!

We are a Tax advisory practice, specifically dealing with PAYE employees. Let us do the work and maximise any tax refund that you may be due back with average

Refund of €890.
More how it works...